ICUC has helped a large number of street animals with maggot wounds and taken them to hospitals and shelters for treatment. Post their treatment the animals have been released in their respective areas.
- A number of new born litters have been homed and adopted via adoption camps into caring families.
- Many dogs and cats have been spayed and neutered in order to control the increasing population in Delhi.
- We have held free rabies vaccination camps together with a vet to encourage people to come forward and vaccinate the dogs in their localities.
- ICUC has distributed warm blankets and rugs to many shelters during winters in areas like green park, vasant kunj, mehruli, chattarpur etc to ensure the animals have something warm to lay on.
- Along with this ICUC has been purchasing ration for daily needs like rice , meat , dal etc to feed the animals in shelters across Delhi.
- The members of ICUC has been actively involved in holding seminars in various places ( halls etc) to spread awareness among people on how to help the rescued, abandoned and homeless animals. They have been working hard towards promoting adoption of our street dogs into good homes.
- Many animals have been taken for general treatment to hospitals in public and private transport through ICUC. Post the treatment ICUC has provided post op care , vet check ups and boarding before releasing the animals back in the areas.
- All vet visits and treatment costs have been taken care by ICUC to ensure the animals are well looked after and the wounds have healed before releasing them.
- It is further ensured that these animals are looked after and fed post their treatment in all areas of Delhi.
- Coats are supplied everywhere in Delhi during winters and all animals are checked to ensure their general well being.
- Regular meetings of all members are held to ensure all these activities are taking place.
- Many street dogs from the age of 8 months have been spayed and neutered in the mehruli and chattarpur areas. Post op care and boarding has been provided to them prior to their release. All these animals have been treated regularly by a vet, fed, groomed etc by ICUC.
1.SDA Market' Adoption Campaign ' and Awareness of Abandonment of pets Stalls on-
- 19th july to 23rd july 2012
- 10th August to 13th August 2012
- 28th sept to 30th sep 2012
-5th october to 7th october 2012
- 1st Dec to 5th Dec 2012
2.SDA Market- Every Sunday Adoption Campaign stall is put up
(17th july 2012 onwards), along with free rabies vaccination..
3.Galleria Market Gurgaon - ‘Adoption Campaign’ and Awareness of
pet abandonment stalls on -
17th August to 20th August 2012
- 9th nov to 11th nov 2012
- 14th Dec to 16th Dec 201
4.'Adoption Campaign' and Awareness Stall at Kamla Nagar market ,north campus-
On- 14th Sep to 24th sep 2012
5.Seminars in Meharauli and vasant kunj market- during Vaccationsfor Rabies Vaccination Camp -
25th july to 22nd July 2012 and - 16th nov to 21st nov 2012
1.SDA Market -On Every Sunday an 'Adoption Campaign' Stall is put up throughout the year 2013
2.'Adoption campaign' Stall and Awareness at Alaknanda Market on-
- 25th Jan to 30th Jan 2013
- 8th March to 11th March 2013
- 6th sep to 8th sep 2013
- 2nd nov to 10th nov 2013
3.Galleria Market Gurgaon - "awareness" and 'Adoption Campaign' stall
from 6th April to 14th April 2013
- 1st june to 3rd june 2013
-2nd August to 7th august 2013
- 27th sep to 30th sep 2013
- 14th dec to 22nd dec 2013
4.Seminar and stall at Meharauli and vasant kunj market- for free Rabies vaccination
from - 1st Feb to 10th Feb 2013
-18th october to 27th october 2013
5.Adoption campaign at Indian Canine Upliftment Centre (ICUC) -
from 16th November to 18th November 2013
- 30th November to 2nd December 2013
- 21st December to 23rd December 2013
1.SDA Market - Every Saturday or Sunday an 'Adoption Campaign' Stall is put up throughout the year 2014.
2.Distribution of warm blankets, coats and medical aid for Street dogs in South Delhi , Gurgaon etc -
From 11th January to 19th 2014
1st February to 9th February 2014
3. Via Social networking sites we have posted pictures and promted awareness regarding our Indian Abandoned dogs on the street. We have encouraged people to visit our shelter and adopt one Indian puppy or adult dog from us.
From 22nd February onwards every week we try and post and re- posts information regarding adoption and promote adopting a pup.
4.'Adoption campaign' Stall and Awareness at Alaknanda Market and G.K-2 market on-
- 8th March to 10th March 2014
- 22nd March to 24th March 2014
- 4th April to 6th April 2014
- 20th June to 22nd June 2014
- 4th July to 6th Juy 2014
5.Galleria Market Gurgaon - "awareness" and 'Adoption Campaign' stall
from - 2nd May to 4th May 2014
- 1st june to 3rd june 2014
- 1st August to 3rd August 2014
6. FIAPO - IFA Conferance From 12th September to 14th September 2014 :-
Day 1- workshops on Improving the Lives of Dogs: Intensive, dedicated workshops, 12 September
- Improving Your Animal Birth Control (ABC) Programme: The
intensive training includes aspects of initial assessment in identifying the
size and characteristics of the dog population, the importance of field
level management and community involvement but also the more
technical aspects of good quality surgery and humane animal handling
and staff management in general. Facilitators: Abodh Aras, Jack
Reece, Illona Otter .
Animal Protection in India: An Update from FIAPO’s Chair – Norma
Day 2 - Improving the Lives of Dogs: A Global Perspective from the Dogs
Trust - Clarissa Baldwin
Mission Rabies - Panel (Chinny Krishna, Ilona Otter, Dr. Murugan)
Misson Rabies is all set to eliminate rabies from the world by 2030. In
September 2013, they vaccinated 60,000 dogs in 30 days. A special
panel shares the journey, the importance of veterinary training, and
Day 3- Impacting Animal Experiments through CPCSEA
Fundraising for Animals - Improving your Adoption Programme .
Indian Canine Upliftment Centre(ICUC) participated in the FIAPO- IFA Conferance 2014
7. Travel and Information Showcase 2014 - Delhi Network in association with PRIMO PRIVILEGE on 9thSeptember 2014 at Eros Ballroom, Eros Hotel , American Plaza Nehru Place- New Delhi
We Put Up our Indian Canine Upliftment Centre (ICUC) stall.
8 . PET FED is India's first pet con, on 1st November 2014, at Dilli Haat INA, New Delhi.It is a one of kind carnival.
PET FED is the place to be for all pet owners and animal lovers
Indian Canine Upliftment Centre(ICUC) participated at the Pet Fed 2014.
9. Adoption camp day at the ICUC shelter next to qutub Minar metro station
from 7th November to 9th November 2014
10. Awareness campaign for caring for street dogs at Galleria market
From 21st November to 23rd November 2014 and 28th November to 30th November 2014.
Adoption stall at Safdurjung(sda) market
From 5th to 15th December.
If you wish to donate:
Indian Canine Upliftment Centre
Bank name: ICICI bank
Account no: 182501000261
Type of account: Current
Branch location: SDA, New Delhi. India 110016
IFSC code: ICIC0001825
Swift code: ICICINBBNRI